Definition of down to earth in English:
With no illusions or pretensions; practical and realistic: a down-to-earth view of marriage
More example sentences
- It doesn't actually matter how practical and down-to-earth a mother might be.
- We're not big, really, but I'm so glad to have Vince, because he's down-to-earth and realistic.
- It is tough going but the tutors are excellent - good, practical and down-to-earth.
- 1down-to-earthness noun
- Example sentences
- She decided to play - she decided there was something about her personality that felt quite close to her, maybe a down-to-earthness and a simplicity.
- Like all great music, Beatles songs give voice to an intense sense of possibility and do so with an economy, a down-to-earthness and a wryness that remain wonderfully invigorating.
- It is also delivered with an awful lot of charisma, passion and down-to-earthness.
Definition of down to earth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.