Definition of downconverter in English:
A device that converts a signal to a lower frequency, especially in television reception.
- This equipment is available today in the form of multi-carrier power amplifiers, wide-band upconverters and downconverters, and high-speed A / D and D / A converters.
- The strategy used in the Universal Software Radio Peripheral is to code the digital downconverter in the Verilog hardware description language and then download the resulting bitstream over the USB into the FPGA.
- The HDC-1861 is an HD downconverter as well as a distribution amplifier, with an analog monitoring output.
- Example sentences
- If the mixer used for this downconversion is an image-reject type, there will likely be 20-30dB less gain for the image frequencies, and a jammer getting in at the RF input would need to be this much bigger to cause problems.
- Digital radio customers can remove an IF stage from their system, digitising directly at 100Mz rates and performing digital downconversion in the FPGA.
- These devices rely on a nonlinear process called optical parametric downconversion in a nonlinear crystal such as beta barium borate.
Definition of downconverter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia