1The right of a sports team to select a player during the annual selection process.
- NFL teams don't spend high draft picks on special teams players.
- One of the items the owners gave up in these negotiations was the compensatory draft picks teams currently receive when they lose a free agent.
- You offer him arbitration at the end of the season and you collect draft picks when another team signs him.
1.1A player selected during the draft.
- Of the team's 13 draft picks, five were defensive linemen, including four of the first six selections.
- He was the last of the team's seven draft picks to sign.
- The team's top two draft picks looked good in minicamp.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: draft pick
Definition of draft pick in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.