Definition of draw sheet in English:
1A sheet that is placed in such a way that it can be taken from under a patient or invalid without disturbing the bedclothes.
- The circulating nurse uses gel pads to pad both of the patient's arms at the elbows, and then, using the draw sheet, tucks the patient's arms at his or her sides with the palmar surface of the patient's hands against the patient's body.
- At the control site, the nurses used their usual method of transferring patients from bed to stretcher and from stretcher to bed (ie, at least two nurses used a draw sheet to lift and pull the patient).
- The draw sheet is placed over the patient's arms and tucked under his or her body to keep the arms securely in place throughout the procedure.
2A list of matches to be played in a tournament: it is the duty of any coach arriving at a competition to get hold of a current draw sheet
More example sentences
- Please put your name on the draw sheet in the clubhouse.
- But looking down the draw sheet after a rain-sodden first week at Wimbledon, there are only two former champions left in the tournament - there were only three to start with - and one of them is Lleyton Hewitt.
- I saw the draw sheet last night and looked at it twice.
Definition of draw sheet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan