- For work, one of the chest's ten drawers served as a desk.
- On the first floor, a galleried landing leads through to a bathroom and four bedrooms, the smallest of which is currently used as a study and has a fitted desk, drawers and storage.
- She quietly slid her desk drawer back in after she pulled out the lone picture which had occupied that space for several months.
- The undergarments included stockings, petticoats, drawers, and a corset.
- The heavy petticoats, stockings and thin chemise and drawers were bad enough.
- I glanced down, noted I was dressed in cotton breeches and a silk shirt along with my corset and drawers, and sprung out from between the silk sheets.
- The fact that these three are expert drawers and painters doesn't hurt either.
- You've spoken about being a drawer, painter, writer too, as well as composer.
- Jordy had always been a good drawer, he could draw trees amazingly.
- A special type of case arises where the drawer of the cheque and the payee maintain their accounts with the same bank.
- She said she could not remember the identity of the drawer of the cheque, nor whether it was payable to cash.
- Neither the drawer of the cheque nor the original payee consented to the alteration of the payee.
The word drawer is often spelled incorrectly as draw. As a noun, draw chiefly means ‘an act of selecting names randomly to decide winners’ or ‘an even score at the conclusion of a game’, whereas drawer mainly means ‘a sliding storage compartment’.
drawerful noun (plural drawerfuls)
- Example sentences
- He kept a drawerful of parental excuse notes that he knew his students had forged in order to play truant from school; then he set them a class test on making their excuses more convincing.
- I had a drawerful of the things, most of them with a neat J monogrammed in one corner.
- It beats carrying round a drawerful of specialised gizmos, and since you're going to be carrying a phone anyway, you might as well have the other functions thrown in for when you require them.
Words that rhyme with drawerabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your tawer
Definition of drawer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.