- 1A picture or diagram made with a pencil, pen, or crayon rather than paint: a series of charcoal drawings on white paperMore example sentences
- There is a photographic quality to these drawings, both intended and critical.
- Morris is a prolific poet, producing books full of verses illustrated with his drawings.
- The drawings that once illustrated these stories have been scattered across the world.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The art or activity of making drawings: she took lessons in drawingMore example sentences
- They will capture as many images as possible using digital cameras and traditional techniques of painting and drawing, and will take part in a land art project using flotsam and driftwood.
- Paul Lucas creates his surrealistic images using a combination of sculpture, photography, drawing and collage.
- With a good mix of video and sound pieces, conceptualism and painting and drawing, it has been cleverly hung to create rhythmic variety and telling counterpoints.