Definition of dreamer in English:
1A person who dreams or is dreaming.
- The dreamer, the visionary seer, not only sees, but does something, makes something.
- Vishnu is pictured as the divine dreamer of the world dream.
- He was a regular dreamer but this particular vision would kick-start the rest of his career - Marilyn Monroe dressed in paper.
2A person who is unpractical or idealistic: a rebellious young dreamer
More example sentences
- But adults often say that idealism is for dreamers.
- Advocates are considered, at best, idealistic dreamers who can't accept the harsh reality of the world, or at times, simply a mere irritation.
- He is also an idealist and a dreamer, and getting away from the bright lights to breathe the fresh air and be close to nature is his idea of bliss.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan