- A young man belonging to a street gang: at the beginning of the film, a tramp is kicked to death by Alex and his droogsMore example sentences
- They don't have the style that makes Alex and his droogs the protagonists we love; their music rarely features any contrast or variety, and as such, fails to be effective or worthy of partying to.
- The apes battering an ape to death at the waterhole prefigures a scene when Alex and his droogs beat up a bum in an alley with clubs.
- But does the tale of the angelic-looking, inherently evil Alex and his droogs still have the same impact?
1962: coined by Anthony Burgess in A Clockwork Orange; alteration of Russian drug 'friend'.
More definitions of droogDefinition of droog in:
- The US English dictionary