(also drunken driving)
North American term for drink-driving.
- Under the terms of the deal, he would be suspended for five years if convicted on a drunk-driving charge.
- Is it fair to say your drunk-driving arrest in January affected you competitively?
- The province of Manitoba, already home to the toughest drunk-driving laws in the country, is getting even tougher.
drunk driver noun
- Example sentences
- Even when drunk-drivers get their driving licence back they pay higher insurance premiums.
- Speed cameras do not detect drunk-drivers, careless drivers, uninsured drivers, unlicensed drivers, stolen vehicles or crooks in getaway cars.
- Speeding is not the only factor on the roads which is a cause of danger - there are more drunk-drivers, there are drivers on drugs.
Definition of drunk driving in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.