- 1Drunk or intoxicated: gangs of drunken youths roamed the streetsMore example sentences
- Cola said a blitz on drunken drivers over a seven-hour period resulted in 17 arrests.
- Shopkeepers in Walmgate complained that their parade of stores had become a meeting place for street drinkers and drunken youths.
- That's the view of Stephen Higson, the father-of-two who was attacked in Bootham at the weekend by a gang of drunken youths.
- 1.1Habitually or frequently drunk: his violent, drunken fatherMore example sentences
- It was the ‘nightmare’ of her life with her drunken father that made her seek refuge in make-believe.
- A high proportion of women who marry drunks also had drunken fathers.
- Kathy is too angry and resentful to care and Josh has gradually come to grow indifferent toward his drunken distant father.
- 1.2Caused by or showing the effects of drink: the man’s drunken, slurred speechMore example sentences
- Their warning comes as the Government has announced a crackdown on binge drinking and drunken anti-social behaviour.
- Will longer drinking hours mean more drunken violence and alcohol-fuelled bad behaviour?
- It happened one night when he returned from a family party in a drunken stupor, brandishing a shotgun and threatening to kill his wife and child.
- More example sentences
- After losing games, Charles drunkenly kicks in the car windows.
- A businessman was jailed for 18 months after a court heard how he drunkenly attacked a taxi driver with a knife during a row about the fare.
- We got into a cab and drunkenly requested Times Square.
Old English, archaic past participle of drink.