Definition of druse in English:
1.1The crust of crystals lining a druse.
- The contact between these zones is marked by large voids, the bottom surfaces of which are encrusted with druses of tabular microcline crystals.
- It generally occurs as crystalline druses on chalcopyrite, tetrahedrite, and other minerals and is sometimes associated with polybasite and dyscrasite.
- Like the malachite, it occurs as druses that are perpendicularly attached to columns of gypsum.
2 Botany A rounded cluster of calcium oxalate crystals found in some plant cells.
- Occasionally, calcium oxalate raphide or druse crystals were observed in this tissue.
- Considerable quantities of calcium oxalate druses were found in the leaves.
- Some diagnostic features can be easily mistaken for others: short hairs for prickles, small glands and druses for papillae, etc.
drusy adjective ( Geology )
- Example sentences
- The only consistently correct identifications were those made when distinct crystals could be seen or when the apple-green spheres were compact, with their outer surface smooth or only slightly drusy.
- To top it off, some of the quartz crystal vugs contain translucent pseudocubic crystals of calcite, to 1.2 cm on edge, perched on the drusy quartz.
- They are brown in color, are usually encrusted with drusy quartz crystals, and reach lengths of 6 cm or more.
Definition of druse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan