Definition of dual control in English:
(Of an aircraft or vehicle) having two sets of controls, one of which is used by the instructor: a dual-control pilot trainer
More example sentences
- This particular Sea Fury was used as a dual-control trainer for pilots.
- The airplane actually has a complete and functional second cockpit and will be equipped with removable superstructures allowing the aircraft to operate as either a single-seat fighter or dual-control trainer.
- In 1946, Vought built up a dual-control Corsair from a standard F4U- 1 aircraft with the designation V - 354.
noun(usually dual controls) Back to top
Two sets of controls in an aircraft or vehicle.
- The Ka - 60 helicopter can be fitted with dual controls.
- The pilot and co-pilot had dual controls and sat side by side behind the observer.
- I also decided to install a second seat and dual controls and that took a bit of work designing the system.
Definition of dual control in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.