An athletic contest consisting of running and cycling events: Alex came first in the duathlon and second in the triathlon in the age group 16 to 19 years
More example sentences
- Non-swimmers will enjoy participating in the run-bike duathlon.
- In 1999, I was competing professionally in both duathlon and cycling.
- Single and multi-sport athletes that come to adventure racing by way of running, cycling, paddling, triathlon and duathlon often struggle with the fact that a team can only move as fast as its slowest member.
- More example sentences
- Sunday in St Malo, more than 200 duathletes and triathletes competed in races, including some of the top junior triathletes in Canada in the first stop in a six-race nationwide series.
- Fellow Christchurch duathlete Brenda Fortune won an age group bronze medal.
- He has since become quite an accomplished duathlete (fourth earlier this year at a World Cup duathlon in Switzerland) and is trying to improve his swimming to become a proficient triathlete.
Definition of duathlon in:
- The US English dictionary