noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the duodenum.More example sentences
- Endoscopy is useful in evaluating symptoms of pain, dysphagia, and hematemesis, and to differentiate GERD from peptic ulcer disease, Helicobacter pylori infection, gastritis, and duodenitis.
- Additionally, she had suffered from gastroesophageal reflux disease, and an endoscopic examination in 1998 revealed esophagitis, gastritis, and duodenitis.
- Up to 20% may have endoscopic reflux oesophagitis, and 15-20% may have peptic ulcer disease, including duodenitis.
More definitions of duodenitisDefinition of duodenitis in:
- The US English dictionary