- A preparation of mushrooms sautéed with onions, shallots, garlic, and parsley and used to make stuffing or sauce.More example sentences
- He removes a circle from the middle, replaces it with crisp endive, then uses it as a lid over succulent slices of rabbit, stuffed with mushroom duxelles and its own kidney.
- Escargots are baked in Pernod, butter, fennel, and duxelles of mushrooms.
- One school argues that it was named after the Marquis d' Uxelles whose cook, La Varenne, wrote a popular cookery book in the 17th century (La Varenne himself, however, does not include a recipe for duxelles nor does he use this term).
named after the Marquis d'Uxelles, a 17th-century French nobleman.
More definitions of duxellesDefinition of duxelles in:
- The US English dictionary