noun[mass noun] • technical
- Time spent in the same position, area, stage of a process, etc.: the dwell time of the fibres in the drum [as count noun]: the dwell times of the different lasersMore example sentences
- Critical in postassembly dispense processes, flow or dwell time is the time required to allow dispensed adhesive to fully flow into the well and core.
- A nonparametric kernel density estimate is constructed by representing each sojourn by a kernel function positioned at the actual value of the sampled dwell time.
- These ‘multi-tau’ correlators calculate the correlation function using many different dwell times in comparison with the single dwell time used in earlier linear correlators.
More definitions of dwell timeDefinition of dwell time in:
- The US English dictionary