Definition of dyad in English:
1Something that consists of two elements or parts.
- Mother/infant dyads were recruited from the nursery of an inner city hospital.
- Twenty-two mother-child dyads participated in the study.
- Specifically, the model appears to be inadequate in explaining or predicting the influence that results when peer dyads are composed of aggressive and nonaggressive children.
- Example sentences
- He insisted, ‘Agency is never the monopoly of one player, for both are locked in a dyadic relationship’.
- Actors engage in the formation of dyadic relationships, called guanxi, which are based on joint interest, interdependence, reciprocity, trust, and open-endedness.
- We examined the possibility that mutual hostility and permissiveness expressed key structural characteristics of dyadic interactions that could best be tapped by perturbing the system.
Definition of dyad in:
- US English dictionary