Definition of dyad in English:
1Something that consists of two elements or parts.
- Mother/infant dyads were recruited from the nursery of an inner city hospital.
- Twenty-two mother-child dyads participated in the study.
- Specifically, the model appears to be inadequate in explaining or predicting the influence that results when peer dyads are composed of aggressive and nonaggressive children.
- Example sentences
- He insisted, ‘Agency is never the monopoly of one player, for both are locked in a dyadic relationship’.
- Actors engage in the formation of dyadic relationships, called guanxi, which are based on joint interest, interdependence, reciprocity, trust, and open-endedness.
- We examined the possibility that mutual hostility and permissiveness expressed key structural characteristics of dyadic interactions that could best be tapped by perturbing the system.
Words that rhyme with dyaddryad, naiad, triad
Definition of dyad in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.