- A unit of force that, acting on a mass of one gram, increases its velocity by one centimetre per second every second along the direction that it acts.More example sentences
- The centimeter-gram-second system quantifies pressure in dynes per square centimeter.
- Water's surface tension is about 73 dynes / cm.
- These cells were then perfused at a physiologic shear stress of 2.5 dynes / cm 2 and the number of adherent cells per minute was determined.
late 19th century: from French, from Greek dunamis 'force, power'.
More definitions of dyneDefinition of dyne in:
- The US English dictionary