noun[mass noun] Psychiatry
- Severe difficulty in making arithmetical calculations, as a result of brain disorder.More example sentences
- Irlen Syndrome can be found in combination with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysphasia, or hyperactivity.
- An estimated five per cent of children suffer from dyscalculia - a problem just as serious as dyslexia but still hardly recognised, said Prof Brian Butterworth.
- Assuming that the word is used in the same way as ‘dyslexia’, I'd deduce that if a person suffers from dyscalculia they could be described as being dyscalculic.
More definitions of dyscalculiaDefinition of dyscalculia in:
- The US English dictionary