noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement: [count noun]: these dyskinesias generally increase on withdrawal of drug treatmentMore example sentences
- The mainstay of treatment for primary ciliary dyskinesia involves chest physical therapy to enhance the clearance of bronchial secretions.
- They studied a strain of mice with a gene mutation that causes them to have attacks of dyskinesia, or abnormal movements several times a day.
- Despite an intense medical regimen for asthma she continued to have poorly controlled symptoms and concerns for vocal cord dyskinesia prompted a laryngoscopy.
More definitions of dyskinesiaDefinition of dyskinesia in:
- The US English dictionary