Definition of dyspnoea in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Difficult or laboured breathing: many soldiers presented with acute dyspnoea
More example sentences
- A 52 year old woman developed acute dyspnoea and hypoxia two hours after rapid drainage of a large left tuberculous pleural effusion.
- Ordinary physical exercise does not cause fatigue, dyspnoea or palpitations
- He had noticed increasing exertional dyspnoea and noisy breathing in the two months prior to presentation.
- Example sentences
- On examination, the patient was mildly dyspneic, with massive ascites, left pleural effusion, left axillary lymphadenopathy and no hepatosplenomegaly.
- A quiet chest in a dyspneic or obtunded patient with asthma is a serious event.
- This scanner also will allow us to obtain diagnostic scans in patients who are too dyspneic to hold their breath.
Definition of dyspnoea in:
- US English dictionary