nounBritish • trademark
- An electronic picture of the face of a person being sought by the police, created by a computer program from composite photographs of facial features.More example sentences
- The system, which works with all races and genders, can identify suspects from images such as video, CCTV, photographs, artists' composite drawing and police e-fits.
- The attacks sparked an intense police hunt, which included the use of more than 100 wanted posters featuring an e-fit compiled from descriptions given by victims.
- Posters featuring an e-fit of the man were put up in shops and businesses across Bolton town centre and Farnworth.
More definitions of e-fitDefinition of e-fit in:
- The US English dictionary