A very large Old World owl with ear tufts and a deep hoot.
- Genus Bubo, family Strigidae: several species
More example sentences
- Children were thrilled to be able to stroke a beautiful barn owl, while an enormous eagle owl, a tawny owl, a kestrel and a turkey vulture called George looked on.
- We may find some consolation in taking a look at a smaller relative of the eagle owl, the short-eared owl, which is fairly widespread in parts of Britain.
- The eagle owl that made a flying visit to Market Street, Haverfordwest, last week spent most of the weekend playing hide and seek with his owners.
Definition of eagle owl in:
- The US English dictionary