Definition of ear flap in English:
1A flap of material on a hat or cap, covering the ear.
- The fur hats are either in the Russian style with ear flaps or a beanie shape.
- But as many as 60,000 were expected to be left to sleep in the open, and the Ministry of Food proposed stocks of knee-length boots, heavy overcoats, hats with ear flaps and gloves for them.
- Jayne opens a mail package from his mother that contains a wool cap with ear flaps and a pom-pom.
2A part of an animal’s outer ear which extends out from the head as a fleshy flap or lobe.
- Clean the excess hair out of your Shih Tzu puppy's ear canal (not the ear flap) to improve air circulation and help prevent infection.
- On scratching my left ear, I sensed something strange on my ear flap.
- The lizards' short ear flaps waggled, and one by one they stood, facing the dungeon entrance, looking for the source of the sound.
Definition of ear flap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia