adverb & adjective
- Towards the earth: [as adverb]: when his parachute failed to open he fell earthward at 120 mph [as adjective]: the bird’s earthward plummetMore example sentences
- The ball headed earthward toward me and knocked my cap off back over my head with a quick knock to the bill.
- But as they plummet earthwards, he sees a crowded school playground just next to the barracks.
- Yet as the last colored leaves, varnished with the first rains of winter, fall earthward, the deciduous trees bare their sinewy musculature for all the world to look upon.
More definitions of earthwardDefinition of earthward in:
- The US English dictionary