- Relating to or denoting multicellular glands which do not lose cytoplasm in their secretions, especially the sweat glands. Compare with apocrine.More example sentences
- A newly described variant of superficial lipoma, adenolipoma, is characterized by the presence of eccrine sweat glands in the fatty tumor; this type is often located on the proximal parts of the limbs.
- Palmoplantar hyperhidrosis is a common condition in which the eccrine glands of the palms and soles secrete inappropriately large quantities of sweat.
- The sweat from the apocrine glands is thicker than that produced by the eccrine glands.
1930s: from Greek ekkrinein 'secrete', from ek- 'out' + krinein 'sift, separate'.
More definitions of eccrineDefinition of eccrine in:
- The US English dictionary