Definition of eco-activist in English:
A person engaged in vigorous social or political campaigns whose aim is to prevent damage to the environment: the smart, high-flying mothers have launched a group that aims to turn yummy mummies into banner-waving eco-activists
More example sentences
- Lying somewhere between an academic treatise, a biography of an eco-activist, and a guidebook for Green campaigners, it is a truly remarkable book.
- With a new focus on environmental education in our school system, this battle-scarred eco-activist must know that his championing of environmental protection has not been in vain.
- The blast sent flying debris into Ludwig's face, cutting the eco-activist on the forehead.
- eco-activism noun
- Example sentences
- This involves Greenpeace-type eco-activism on the high seas coupled with political intrigue.
- While it was in the opposition, the party served as a sort of umbrella group for various causes traditionally associated with left-leaning politics, such as the land-rights movement and eco-activism.
- She has been active in spiritually based eco-activism for over 30 years.
Definition of eco-activist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.