- Deep-vein thrombosis said to be caused by periods of prolonged immobility on long-haul flights.More example sentences
- I've heard deep vein thrombosis referred to as economy-class syndrome because of the cramped seating on airplanes.
- By the way, on long flights, people can end up with economy-class syndrome even when traveling in expensive first-class seats.
- The machine can also be placed under an office worker's desk and, when used for 20 minutes at a time, can help prevent cramps and deep vein thrombosis, also known as economy-class syndrome.
More definitions of economy-class syndromeDefinition of economy-class syndrome in:
- The US English dictionary