Definition of ectopic in English:
In an abnormal place or position.
- A second class of mutant displays sensory organs in wholly ectopic positions, although these are always separated by epidermal cells.
- In addition, each of the single mutants exhibits a small increase of the number of root hairs in the upper part of this organ caused by the formation of some root hairs in ectopic positions.
- Patients with other abnormalities such as ectopic ureters and diverticulae can also present with incontinence.
nounBack to top
An ectopic pregnancy.
- However, when accidental pregnancy does occur, there is an increased proportion of ectopics, highest with the Progesterone-T.
- Methotrexate injection is a nonsurgical treatment for ectopics of less than 3.5 cm with no fetal heart motion.
- Not surprisingly, and even though patients were taking amiodarone, pulse rate increases and ventricular ectopics recurred more commonly in those with hyperthyroidism, but not in those with hypothyroidism.
Words that rhyme with ectopicgyroscopic, heliotropic, horoscopic, isotopic, isotropic, kaleidoscopic, macroscopic, microscopic, misanthropic, myopic, philanthropic, phototropic, telescopic, topic, tropic
Definition of ectopic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan