noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition, typically a consequence of advanced age, in which the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball.More example sentences
- This results in tears pooling in the cul-de-sac produced by the lower lid ectropion and resultant epiphora.
- Paralytic lower lid ectropion was present in eight patients before the combined procedure and improved significantly in seven of these patients.
- A common cause of eye watering in older people is ectropion.
late 17th century: from Greek, from ek- 'out' + trepein 'to turn'.
More definitions of ectropionDefinition of ectropion in:
- The US English dictionary