- A large herbivorous synapsid reptile of the late Carboniferous and early Permian periods, with long knobbly spines on its back supporting a sail-like crest.
More example sentences
- Genus Edaphosaurus, order Pelycosuria, subclass Synapsida
- Along with the Diadectidae, Edaphosaurus is one of the earliest known plant-eating tetrapods (land-living vertebrates).
- Other Edaphosauruses were not so large and some were half a meter or less in length.
modern Latin, from Greek edaphos 'floor' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of edaphosaurusDefinition of edaphosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary