- A large pinkish-brown European crab with black-tipped pincers, typically found in inshore waters and caught for food.
More example sentences
- Cancer pagurus, family Cancridae
- We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.
- Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.
- Other creatures you might find are velvet-backed swimming crabs, edible crabs, gobies and nudibranchs, and I once saw a cormorant chasing a school of panicking silver fish at 20m.