Definition of eidetic in English:
Relating to or denoting mental images having unusual vividness and detail, as if actually visible: an eidetic memory
More example sentences
- Many of those exceptional individuals who retained the ‘photographic’ or eidetic memory that is common in children but rare in adults, have had their lives blighted by their inability to forget unimportant details.
- Although in traditional practices of visualization, eidetic images of a divinity or his paradisal dwelling were constructed in the mind, these visions were not visible to the eyes.
- According to your file, you have an eidetic memory, remembering anything and everything you're exposed to.
- Example sentences
- Eidetically remembering every word is not the goal of speed-reading comprehension.
- Many, if not all, young children apparently do normally see and remember eidetically, but this capacity is lost to most as they grow up.
- Remember every feature of her sleeping eyes, sleeping lips, sleeping nose-eidetically, like a handprint in cement.
Definition of eidetic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan