- In fact, each ‘window’ is an array of photovoltaic cells that generate electric current when exposed to the light.
- The gravitomagnetic field is created by moving masses, much as magnetic fields are created by moving electric charges.
- We experience movement of charge in the electric current in wires.
- Becalmed sounds of electric piano, bass, acoustic guitars, and soft trumpet tones appear at a tempo that's so relaxed it's almost asleep.
- The song's detailed arrangement is fleshed out by electric piano, aquatic guitar lines, and exotic percussion.
- But it's important to remember that electric guitars and electric pianos were new at the time, and there were new recording techniques.
- The excitement was electric on that sunny evening as the students of Gallagher House got their spin in the 18 seater bus.
- The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat.
- Mark McColl, at 18, thrilled with electric bursts of pace.
- He said: ‘All the wiring, electrics, plumbing is already in.’
- They claimed they were carrying out electrical work in the area and needed to check the electrics in her house.
- Almost all the electrics in the house are controlled by computer.
- I used an electric for years since I always had problems with blades especially on my neck.
- I will never, ever have an electric if I can avoid it.
- She traded it for my first electric - some sort of strat copy - and the assistant at the shop totally ripped her off.
Mid 17th century: from modern Latin electricus, from Latin electrum 'amber', from Greek ēlektron (because rubbing amber causes electrostatic phenomena).
Words that rhyme with electrichydroelectric, photoelectric
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: elec|tric
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.