- A chair in which convicted criminals are executed by electrocution, especially in parts of the US.More example sentences
- The legislature also passed a bill that would allow condemned death row inmates to choose between lethal injection and the electric chair for their executions.
- He was then tried, convicted and executed in the electric chair.
- It can deliver 100 million volts of electricity, enough juice to power 50,000 electric chairs on execution night.
More definitions of electric chairDefinition of electric chair in:
- The US English dictionary