The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and its recording as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
More example sentences
- Chest radiography, electrocardiography, and cranial ultrasonography were normal.
- Other useful diagnostic tests include electrocardiography, chest radiography, complete blood count, clotting screen and determination of electrolyte and creatinine concentrations.
- An initial diagnostic workup including electrocardiography, chest radiography, transthoracic echocardiography, and measurement of troponins and D-dimer should help differentiate between the three diagnoses.
- More example sentences
- Neither group had any deaths, major neurological complications, or perioperative myocardial infarctions (based on electrocardiographic evidence only).
- Palpitations are often reported by patients in whom continuous ambulatory electrocardiographic recordings show no arrhythmias.
- All subjects in the control and amlodipine groups underwent a complete physical examination, electrocardiographic, biochemical and haematologic investigations.
Definition of electrocardiography in:
- The US English dictionary