Definition of electrochromism in English:
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
The property of certain dyes of changing colour when placed in an electric field.
- This charge-shift couples with an electric field within a cell membrane, resulting in electrochromism.
- These membrane-bound ASP probes were shown to exhibit electrochromism resulting from a charge - shift mechanism in which energies of absorption, excitation, and emission are modulated by the membrane electric field strength.
- Relative changes in the emission spectral amplitude resulting from excitation spectral shifts or effects other than electrochromism on dye response are not addressed in this study.
- Example sentences
- An electrolyte layer conducts ions back and forth between the electrochromic layer and an ion storage layer.
- It's done with ‘layers of different electrochromic polymers’ and the system includes a color-matching camera and pre-visualization screen.
- These changes reflect mainly electrochromic bandshifts of carotenoids and can be described by the following expression.
Definition of electrochromism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan