- A conductor through which electricity enters or leaves an object, substance, or region.More example sentences
- Oxidation of the dye molecule injects electrons into the semiconducting electrode.
- At the two ends of the conductor are the electrodes, which gather and disperse the electrons.
- When electricity was applied to the electrodes, rays appeared to come from the cathode.
mid 19th century: from electric + Greek hodos 'way', on the pattern of anode and cathode.
More definitions of electrodeDefinition of electrode in:
- The US English dictionary