Definition of electroluminescence in English:
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
Luminescence produced electrically, especially by the application of a voltage.
- The first polymer to exhibit electroluminescence was poly p-phenylene vinylene.
- Much of the research into red OLEDs has been directed toward overcoming concentration-quenching problems, a decrease in electroluminescence that can occur at dopant concentrations as low as 2%.
- In the darkened second gallery were two book-like works involving electroluminescence or fiber-optic light.
- Example sentences
- Among the most exciting uses being developed for the electroluminescent polymers are display screens.
- Since then, one of the exciting outgrowths of the study of electrically conducting polymers has been the study of their electroluminescent properties.
- Recent advances in polymer chemistry have given new life to thick-film electroluminescent lighting applications.
Definition of electroluminescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan