noun[mass noun] Physics
- The diffraction of a beam of electrons by atoms or molecules, used especially for determining crystal structures.More example sentences
- An advantage in using electron diffraction from crystals over imaging for evaluating the effect of energy filtering is that quantitative analyses can be carried out for high-resolution data more easily and reliably.
- That work led to their discovery of electron diffraction in 1927.
- This is reminiscent of the two-dimensional projection Fourier map obtained experimentally by electron diffraction.
More definitions of electron diffractionDefinition of electron diffraction in:
- The US English dictionary