Definition of electropositive in English:
1 Physics Electrically positive.
- Specifically, large electropositive or electronegative regions can reasonably attract oppositely charged entities through long-range electrostatic interactions.
- Microporous filters that are more electropositive than the negatively charged filters currently used for virus concentrations from water by filter adsorption-elution methods were evaluated for poliovirus recovery from tap water.
- The results confirm the electropositive charge of the virus, as well as the minuteness of its size.
2 Chemistry (Of an element) tending to lose electrons and form positive ions in chemical reactions.
- In the case of binary covalent compounds, the positive oxidation number is assigned to the more electropositive element, and the negative oxidation number to the more electronegative element.
- In this reaction the electrophile is produced when the methyl chloride reacts with the aluminum chloride to form an electropositive CH 3 group.
- When an alcohol is reacted with a strongly electropositive metal, such as sodium, the products are hydrogen and a crystalline, ionic salt of the metal, called an alkoxide.
Definition of electropositive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.