Definition of electrosurgery in English:
Surgery using a high-frequency electric current to heat and so cut tissue with great precision.
- The purposes of electrosurgery are to destroy benign and malignant lesions, control bleeding, and cut or excise tissue.
- Our electrosurgery unit creates a controllable low power electrical current between an electrode and a plate held against the skin.
- Example sentences
- Although removal of the lesions is preferable, treatment of human papilloma virus infections may include cryotherapy, loop electrosurgical excision procedure, laser surgery, and drug therapy.
- Perioperative managers should consider making the use of smoke evacuation devices mandatory whenever electrosurgical / diathermy units are in use.
- Agreement was about the same for tissue specimens whether they were obtained through punch biopsies or loop electrosurgical excision procedures.
Definition of electrosurgery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.