- A large hunting dog of a Scandinavian breed with a shaggy grey coat.More example sentences
- She was like a terrier worrying an elk hound, charging in and pressing an attack so fast and furious he had no choice but to defend himself.
- The Norwegian Elkhound belongs to the collection of dogs referred to as Scent Hounds, which specialise in following the scent or the smell of its quarry.
- Norwegian Elkhounds are bred for hunting large game, such as wolf, bear and moose.
More definitions of elkhoundDefinition of elkhound in:
- The US English dictionary