Denoting or characteristic of an aquatic plant reaching above the surface of the water: the emerse leaves when developed are heart-shaped Contrasted with submerse.
More example sentences
- Emerse leaves seem to be bigger, even it is under the tank light.
- It will bloom readily if grown emerse, but takes a while to form a new set of emerse leaves.
- Target: not reached
- More example sentences
- Red emersed leaves are a sign of "protective" pigments being produced by the leaves to cope with high levels of light.
- When I bought it, it had emersed leaves that were green, about 1.5'' in diameter and almost circular.
Definition of emerse in:
- The US English dictionary