noun[mass noun] • technical
- The action or process of vomiting: the drug allows you to control emesisMore example sentences
- Surveys of oncologists' choices of treatment for emesis caused by chemotherapy came to divergent results.
- On the day of admission, he had developed nausea and vomiting with emesis of clear to blood-tinged fluid.
- Coffee-ground emesis, usually from hemorrhagic gastritis, occurs in about 25 percent of vomiting patients.
late 19th century: from Greek, from emein 'to vomit'.
More definitions of emesisDefinition of emesis in:
- The US English dictionary