noun (plural same or emojis)
- A small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion in electronic communication: emoji liven up your text messages with tiny smiley facesMore example sentences
- It's unfortunate that the commonality of social interaction relies on the implied tone of voice through emojis, emoticons, textual jargon and caps lock.
- Although emojis have added a level of expression to texting, the written mode of communication still falls short of saying what you really feel.
- It's a more engaged way to communicate and will finally allow you to send more than just emojis back and forth.
1990s: Japanese, from e 'picture' + moji 'letter, character'.
More definitions of emojiDefinition of emoji in:
- The US English dictionary