- Each of two crystalline or other geometrical forms which are mirror images of each other.More example sentences
- Two asymmetrical trails that mirror each other could be called enantiomorphic after those two common enantiomorphs - the right and left hands.
- Exhibiting external bilateral symmetry about a vertical midline, the human body consists of two enantiomorphs - the right and left sides.
- As tantalizingly similar as they may appear, enantiomorphs cannot be reconciled.
- More example sentences
- Reynolds finds that Smithson's attempts to reveal blind spots embedded in certain models of perception that prevailed during the 1960s were repeatedly figured in works that relied on enantiomorphic strategies.
- Smithson's enantiomorphic deconstructions of Stephens's Yucatan views produce, in the aggregate, a kind of spontaneous construction of their own.
- In 1965, the idea of the enantiomorphic pair migrated from the Man of Sorrow paintings to a two-part wall sculpture called Enantiomorphic Chambers.
late 19th century: from Greek enantios 'opposite' + -morph.
More definitions of enantiomorphDefinition of enantiomorph in:
- The US English dictionary