Definition of encephalitis in English:
Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
- Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.
- West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.
- Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.
- Example sentences
- Acyclovir seems to be the most promising treatment, since it has shown effectiveness in mucocutaneous, genital, and encephalitic HSV infections.
- Therefore, rabies patients, particularly the encephalitic type, should be isolated, sedated and allowed to die as peacefully as possible.
- Though the WNV encephalitis in horses is rare, a considerable mortality rate is reported in the case of encephalitic horses.
Words that rhyme with encephalitisappendicitis, arthritis, bronchitis, cellulitis, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, dermatitis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, hepatitis, laryngitis, lymphangitis, meningitis, nephritis, neuritis, osteoarthritis, pericarditis, peritonitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis
Definition of encephalitis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan