Definition of encomiast in English:
A person who publicly praises or flatters someone else.
- Yesterday, I watched a program by a famous encomiast in China.
- He is admired not as an uncritical encomiast of his own culture and society, but rather as an exemplum of the spirit - both critical and conservative - that is among the West's most enduring legacies to the world.
- Example sentences
- To understand why the ‘lives’ began this way, it is important to remember that ‘lives’ were encomiastic narratives, a peculiar literary genre somewhere between the diegesis and the enkomion.
- In the main, these are either gratuitously encomiastic or post-prandial.
- She makes use of his commentaries, but above all of his seven encomiastic homilies in praise of Paul.
Words that rhyme with encomiastbast • cineaste
Definition of encomiast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.