noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Involuntary defecation, especially associated with emotional disturbance or psychiatric disorder.More example sentences
- The optimal treatment regimen of encopresis involves both a medical and behavioral approach.
- In addition, children who have chronic constipation or encopresis may present with bed-wetting.
- My 5-year-old son has been diagnosed with encopresis.
modern Latin, from Greek en- 'in' + kopros 'dung'.
More definitions of encopresisDefinition of encopresis in:
- The US English dictionary